- Very fast highlighting, trivial setup, fully customizable, thoroughly documented, and MIT licensed
- Renders identically on IE, Firefox, Mozilla, Opera, and Safari
- Many configuration options: Static, Dynamic, Automatic, Manual, Ad-Hoc, with Metaobjects.
- Provides fine control over which elements get highlighted by means of a jQuery selector or the mithical jQuery chainability.
- The replacement format gives full control on what HTML is used for highlighting
- Provides examples which show setups and features